New Microsoft External Web Site Highlights Best Practices for Cloud Infrastructures (Data Centers)
Customers and partners alike often ask the question, “How does Microsoft manage its vast network of data centers worldwide that power our 200+ cloud services such as Office 365, Windows Live and Xbox Live, and our cloud platform Windows Azure?”
Microsoft’s Global Foundation Services (GFS) is the team that builds, manages, and secures Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure and today we are launching our new external web site on the Windows Azure platform to address these questions and to more broadly share our cloud infrastructure best practices with external audiences!
The GFS team has a newly revamped website that contains content and tools that that addresses the following:
- Customer Priorities that dive deep into infrastructure architecture, operations, reliability, security and compliance, and the sustainability strategies for our data centers and fiber optic network – all top of mind for customers, including:
- 20-30 minute interactive presentations featuring data center subject matter experts addressing some of the top 3-5 customer questions we receive
- Strategy Briefs for downloading and sharing
- Video overviews from strategy leads addressing key priorities
- Related whitepapers, technical content, and slideshows
- Future Insights that explore the forward-looking challenges of providing cloud services at massive scale and the business impact, reliability, security, sustainability opportunities and roadmap
- Blogs with industry relevant discussions on cloud infrastructure issues and best practices
- Video tours of our data center facilities
The resources available via this website have been designed to help customers better understand Microsoft’s data center strategy, and to more broadly share our best practices as we make strides towards more efficient and operationally robust infrastructures.
Check out this great resource if you want a deeper understanding out how Microsoft does what it does in the cloud!