Microsoft Private Cloud Resources
A big “THANK YOU” to those who attended my panel discussion around cloud migration and datacenter consolidation at this year’s FOSE conference. Hopefully, everyone who attended gleaned some value from the exchange around how to approach the process of consolidating datacenters and making the transition to cloud computing. After the talk, I was approached by one of the attendees interested in learning more about Microsoft’s Private Cloud strategy and offerings. We had a very engaging discussion and I promised that I’d provide him with some resources to learn more. After thinking about it more, rather than just sharing with him, I thought I’d post it here so that everyone can benefit.
- Microsoft Private Cloud Website
- Microsoft Private Cloud Whitepaper (compares/contrasts Microsoft’s private cloud solutions versus VMware)
- Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track Whitepaper
- Microsoft Dynamic Datacenter Services Solution Brief
- Microsoft Cloud Computing Solution Accelerators
- Microsoft Dynamic Datacenter Toolkit for Enterprises Whitepaper (by the way, this tool is running within the Windows Azure cloud)
- TechNet TechNet Magazine Article, “Cloud Computing: Architecting a Microsoft Private Cloud”
- Microsoft Private Cloud Solution Hub
There’s a ton of information in the form of whitepapers, presentations, videos, demos, and software downloads referenced by the links above. This should hopefully be a good start to understanding the breadth of the Microsoft offerings as it relates to private cloud and building out your own private cloud infrastructure.