Windows Azure Reference Application released to MSDN Code Gallery
Project Riviera is a comprehensive code sample to demonstrate how to develop multi-tenant highly-scalable line-of-business application on Windows Azure Platform, built by a cloud ISV partner, Cumulux.
Cumulux is a Microsoft partner who’s built their business around delivering solutions that leverage cloud computing and are keenly interested in making Azure their primary platform for delivering custom solutions for customers.
The reference application been published to the MSDN code gallery at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/riviera. You can also see a brief video, architectural slides and related material here (http://cumulux.com/riviera.html)
The main tenants of Azure demonstrated by Riviera Include:
- Federated Security (using custom STS, .NET Access Control Service and Windows Live ID)
- Multi Tenancy (On demand provisioning, Tenant Management, extensible metadata)
- Extensibility (using Silverlight 3, Workflow)
- Scalability (using Azure Queues , Async patterns)
- Flexible SLAs (using SQL Azure / Azure storage partitioning)