OBA Composition Reference Toolkit version 2.0 Released
Version 2.0 of the OBA Composition Reference Toolkit was released to the web today, on schedule and with all the great new features promised for the release. Version 1.0 of the toolkit was released at the Office Developer’s Conference in February 2008.
Watch the OBA Composition Reference Toolkit Overview Video to get an overview of the toolkit, the motivations for creating it, and its intended use. Visit the OBA Composition Reference Toolkit site to access and explore related resources: Installers for the toolkit & sample components, Documentation – architecture, user, admin, developer, and overview video.
What’s New in Version 2.0?
- IT administration capabilities integrated into the SharePoint Central Administration portal
- A prescriptively secure user experience for OBA composition
- Support for incremental deployment of OBAs.
- Support for installing the OBA Composer on a client computer that is running the Windows Vista operating system and connecting to a remote computer that is running Office SharePoint Server.
- Spport for many new, out-of-the-box components, too, which cover scenarios that pertain to Expense Reporting, Purchase Requisition Management, Financial Services, and Health & Life Sciences solutions
- Source code (framework, tools, and sample components) of the OBA Composition Reference Toolkit to enable independent software vendors (ISVs) and solution integrators to extend and repurpose the Toolkit to suit their individual needs.
Visit the OBA Composition Reference Toolkit site for more information.