Web Client Software Factory Shipped
Web Client Software Factory 2.0
February 2008 Release
About the Deliverable
The Web Client Software Factory (WCSF) provides a set of guidance for architects and developers building enterprise Web applications. The factory includes samples, reusable code and a guidance package which automates key development tasks from within Visual Studio.
Using the Web Client Software Factory assets, developers can create Composite Web applications composed of independently developed and deployed modules. These modules are dynamically brought together at runtime into a common shell. Additionally the factory includes support for ASP.NET AJAX thus providing users with a richer and more responsive user experience.
New In This Release
The February 2008 release of the Web Client Software Factory has the following improvements to the June 2007 release.
- Full support for Visual Studio 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5
- Added ASP.NET AJAX extenders for Context Sensitive Autocomplete, AJAX Validation, and Real Time Search that can be used in existing ASP.NET sites and ASP.NET sites built using the Composite Web Application Block.
- Added UI Composition capability through extending our dependency injection mechanism to support Pages, User Controls and Master Pages.
- Added Dependency Injection on ASMX Web Services and JSON services.
- Added a new set of Quickstarts and How-To topics on MVP, Modularity and the new AJAX extenders
- Added a new Order Entry Reference application that demonstrates all of the new functionality.
In addition, this release of WCSF has the following community issues and fixes:
- 42 Workitems closed including the top-voted items on CodePlex
- Add ASP.NET AJAX Support (97 votes)
- Web Client Software Factory Support for Enterprise Library 3.1 (62 votes)
- Services through configuration (32 votes)
- Support for using the Validation Application Block (16 votes)
- Recipe support for Visual Basic .NET (20 votes)
- Added Presenter support for Master Pages (11 votes)