Office SharePoint Server 2007 Training
The final and complete edition of the end-user Office SharePoint Server 2007 Training is now broadly available to customers, in the Download Center.
The training comes with rich set of videos, tutorials and articles that help end users learn the basics of SharePoint’s workloads. The kit can be installed directly to individual machines (stand alone edition), or directly onto a SharePoint environment (portal edition). IT Departments, or even groups such as HR, Corporate Learning, and others will be able to use and customize the kit to train users on SharePoint usage.
You’ll be able to choose between two versions:
- Portal Edition: built on the Microsoft SharePoint Learning Kit (‘SLK’), the Portal Edition must be deployed onto a SharePoint Server site by a server administrator. It includes a reporting function that allows an administrator/trainer to track learners’ completed training topics. The content is compliant to the e-learning standard SCORM 2004.
- Standalone Edition: can be installed by an individual and easily accessed from a desktop icon. It does not allow customization or reporting, but give customers the ability to view the training before they deploy the Portal Edition on a SharePoint Server site.
Topics covered in the training include:
- Collaboration: team sites, permissions, Web parts, libraries, lists, blogs, wikis, and workspaces.
- Enterprise Content Management: document and records management, protecting files, using workflows, compliance, and more.
- Search: finding files, Web sites, information and people.
- Portals and personalization: My Sites, targeting content, and managing My Site access
- Business processes and forms: streamline business processes, gather information with forms, and configure workflows.
- Business intelligence: share Excel workbooks, work with a Report Center site, use dashboards, integrate internal data, and more.